My SO was having a boys’ night, and after a day of veg and quinoa, it was time for a pizza and, I decided, some pampering.
Let me introduce you to the place where such witchcraft takes place…
Here’s a shot of the vanity I had made a couple of years ago, after struggling to stand up and do my makeup. Standing was difficult on my energy, my arms, my neck from leaning in to the mirror, and my legs. Sometimes I would sit on the floor in front of a full length mirror, but the light was poor and organization was impossible. I love the design of this piece of furniture, but it’s huge and the maker painted it with some kind of unwashable paint (why? Why would you do that?), so in the long run I’ll need to refinish the top.
The products I chose were
1) Charcoal mask from an ipsy bag I received.
2) Deep conditioning treatment, from some sample service or another.
3) Body Butter.
I ordered the pizza and set to it. Here’s how it went.
1) Take a shower, wash hair, apply conditioner and cover with shower cap;
2) Consider shaving legs and deciding there’s no way I have that many spoons. Even applying the lotion will be pushing it;
3) Rinse off hair conditioner and pray I can get a comb through my hair. I can, with considerable effort.
By the way, do you all have one of these?
If not, you’re missing out. On days when lifting my arms above my head is painful or exhausting, it’s length and angle are really helpful. This is the kind of (accommodation) I want for us to share, those little adjustments that make something (combing my hair) possible again.
4) Try to apply face mask.
OK, what the actual? I’m not much in to face masks and the like so this was a new experience for me. First impression: it’s slimy and gross. Second, am I a Mexican Wrestler? How does this even go on?
There appears to be a nose hole. But that’s where the big ol’ pores are! Maybe if I turn it like this…no…AURGH nvm! I could YouTube this shite, but I can’t tolerate the cold, wet, slimy feeling on my face.
On a positive note, after I rinse my face it already feels softer from whatever oil was on there. I guess I should have stuck with it.
5) Apply Bliss Body Butter. I always like this. A Sephora employee told me to apply it before perfume so that the perfume will last better, and it seems to work. For today’s result, my skin is less scaly.
So all in all, I'm not always a great beauty blogger. But ah, the pizza? The pizza is just right.